Type 1 cable suspension is used to suspend classic as well as All-In-One FabricAir ducts.
Receiving the Order
- There are typically 2 UPS shipments for each order.
- Suspension hardware is shipped from US warehouse.
- Fabric is shipped from Europe.
* These shipments may arrive on different days. Early Hardware delivery is available for a fee.
- Boxes are labeled individually with the following information:
- Order number (Fabric: 7 digit # 15xxxxx, Suspension: 9 digit # 2015xxxxx)
- Box # → (__) of (__) ← total shipment quantity
- Contents of the box
- Always open Box #1 first and locate bag with paperwork. This bag contains:
- System drawings (there is a drawing for each fabric system).
- Installation Guide booklet (these are not specific, but cover all scenarios per suspension type).
- Packing List by Box (list details the contents of every box).
- Packing List by System (list details which box contains each component of each fabric system).
*NOTE* Boxes are not packed per system, but rather to optimize space available for shipping. Packing list is created by scanning components as they are packed into boxes.
- Check to make sure you have each box from both shipments before proceeding.
Unpacking the Order
Suspension Hardware Shipment:
- Suspension systems are built from interchangeable components.
- Coated cable arrives in coils of 25m (82’) 50m (164’) or 100m (328’) and may be cut to length as necessary.
- Turnbuckles and cable “U” clamps are used with coated cable.
- Adjustable cable drops are available in 2m (6.5’), 5m (16.5’) & 10m (33’) precut, pre-looped lengths.
- Be sure to have clean hands and a clean work area to prevent soiling the FabricAir system.
- Fabric sections arrive in bags. Keep these bags when consolidating sections of each system to keep fabric clean. Only remove from and discard bag when fabric is ready to be hung.
- Each fabric section has a unique identifying tag, showing order number and unique section number.
- These section numbers correspond to the assembly drawings included in Box 1.
- Order number → (xxxxxxx).(xx) ← section number
- All sections should be assembled in order as shown on system drawing.
- Tag is always located upstream.
- Elbows sections, when laid flat, appear to be less than listed angle. Ex: 90° will look like a ~60° elbow.
- Only when held round (inflated) do the elbows match the listed angle.
- DO NOT use flattened elbow sections to lay out suspension system. Suspension system should be installed according to system drawings.
Installing the System
- Read Installation Guide prior to installing suspension. Instructions are diagram and schematic based, for use all around the world.
- Table of Contents shows every single page of booklet. Suspension-specific drawings are followed by General “G” drawings at the end of the booklet.
- Page 1 shows all suspension components with part numbers. These part numbers are referenced throughout the booklet with bubbled callouts.
- Many diagrams show “bubbled” callouts referring to “G” drawings as well.
- All measurements should be taken, using metal supply duct as reference point.
- All anchors to structure shall be provided by contractor.
- Horizontal anchors for cable suspension should be able to handle 200-300lbs of tension.
- Vertical anchor points (cable and rail) should be able to handle at least 25lbs force.
- Suspension should be installed prior to unpacking and installing fabric.
- Branches and Reducers may be top-aligned, center-aligned, or bottom-aligned.
- Take note prior to installing. If drawings are unclear, contact FabricAir for clarity.
- Fabric systems with All-in-One or Internal 360° hoops hang 2” below the cable.
- “Classic” systems, without shape retaining hardware, hang 1 ¼” below the cable.
Type 1 & Type 2 Cable Suspension
- Rolls of coated aircraft cable are to be used for the horizontal cables.
- Cable ends should be secured with 2 cable clamps (cable clamps require 8mm socket.)
- Turnbuckles should be fully extended prior to attaching cable.
- Precut lengths of cable and adjustable cable locks shall be used for vertical supports.
- Cable suspension systems do not have elbow support. Straps are provided to loop over cable intersection point.
- Type 2 suspension cables should be installed 1 ¼” above the 3:00 and 9:00 positions.
- Strap lengths can be extended to allow cable to mount above top of duct.
*Requires prior notification. Strap lengths are NOT adjustable on site.
Shape Retaining Hardware (Type 1 Only)
- All-in-One arrives pre-installed in the duct, for all diameters.
- All-in-One provides 180° coverage up to 48”Ø and decreasing coverage for diameters up to 80”Ø.
- Internal 360° hoops arrive pre-installed up to 26”Ø.
- Internal 360° hoops 28”Ø up to 50”Ø must be installed on site by contractor.
- Install guides available here:
- Check out our videos here: https://www.fabricair.com/en/about-fabricair/videos
- For additional installation guidance please give us a call: (502)493-2210 or reach out via email: Sales-US@fabricair.com